1. She is quite the chatterbox. Or as J likes to call her, our little parrot. She repeats EVERYTHING we say. For example, one morning I was headed out the door with her and I yelled up the stairs to ask J if he had fed Cooper. Later that night out of nowhere S yells…”MOMMA, YOU FEED COOPER?”
2. Along with all the chatter, we are now getting some songs from S as well. Row, Row, Row Your Boat and Rock-a-Bye Baby are the current favs, and J just taught her BINGO (there was a farmer…) this past weekend. She knows quite a few of the lines and the ones she doesn’t know quite so well, she just makes up as she goes along. I have some cute video of her rendition of row your boat, but I have managed to commit the ultimate mommy blogger crime and accidentally broke the USB cable for our camera that uploads video/pics. Oops. Not to fear, not one but TWO replacement cables are somewhere in this great land being shipped by the USPS right to my house at this very moment. Let’s hope they are waiting in my mailbox when I get home from work today!
3. We have a little cookie monster on our hands now. Every time she walks into the kitchen, I hear “cuukee”. It’s rather cute how she says it, but I wish she was asking for something healthier like “baby spring greens with grilled zucchini and low-fat vinaigrette”. For now, fending her off at the pass seems to be working. Mommy is getting good at the distraction game.
4. She is still very sensitive to sounds. She picks up on doves cooing, dogs barking, airplanes flying, motorcycles whizzing by, sirens blaring, etc. She ALWAYS comments on these sounds (“I hear it!”) and when it’s something loud, as soon as it’s over or gone past, she says, “All done lawnmower”, like she’s so relieved it’s over. She’s even said, “No like sirens” when we go past an ambulance in the car or hear a fire truck going by.
5. When she sees J or I eating the same thing she is eating, she says, “Momma like it, too”. “Dadda like it, too.” It’s so cute to hear her go back and forth when we are all eating together.
S is 3 days shy of 23 months. The last time I can refer to her age in MONTHS, pretty soon it will be YEARS!
Read Full Post »