I love munchy food. You know, like appetizers where you can graze on the food all day. I’m not really that excited about the superbowl this year (probably because the Packers aren’t playing in it), but I AM looking forward to some yummy superbowl food and, of course, the commercials.
So as to not totally blow my diet, I decided to make lighter versions of some of the typical appetizer fare. Here’s what I made:
Loaded Low-Fat Veggie Pizza
Original Recipe Yield 16 servings
- 2 (8 ounce) packages reduced-fat refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 (1 ounce) package ranch dressing mix
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups fresh broccoli, chopped
- handful of baby carrots, sliced thin
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a jellyroll pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pat crescent roll dough into a jellyroll pan. Let stand 5 minutes. Pierce with fork.
- Bake for 10 minutes, let cool.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine sour cream, cream cheese, dill weed, garlic salt and ranch dip mix. Spread this mixture on top of the cooled crust. Arrange the onion, carrot, celery, bell pepper and broccoli on top of the creamed mixture. Cover and let chill. Once chilled, cut it into squares and serve.
Lower Fat Buffalo Chicken Dip
This one is from Gina’s website. Here is the info:
Servings: 11 • Serving Size: 1/2 cup • Calories: 111 • Points: 2.75 ww points
- 4 oz reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- 1/2 cup Franks hot sauce (or whatever hot sauce you like)
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
Mix the first 5 ingredients together until smooth. Add the chicken and put this in the crock pot on low for 3-4 hours. Serve warm. Makes 5 1/2 cups.
I served this with reduced fat crackers and celery sticks. It really did taste like buffalo wings and the best part…no bones, no mess!